19th-24th July 2023
The residential programme is a unique and exciting science and engineering experience culminating in a challenge designed as a simulation of life in industry. As a participant you will:
- Have the chance to take your subject knowledge to the next level through a challenging academic programme on Day one of the programme.
- You will receive a certificate of achievement on completion of the course.
- Stay on campus at Imperial College, London
- Enjoy an exciting social programme that lets you see London and explore Imperial College, London and the surrounding area.
- Take part in a three day Space Design Challenge. The judges include academics, aerospace engineers and representatives from the UK Space Agencies.
Further programme dates to be announced soon.
Four-day Space Design Challenge. One day of intense introduction to all aspects of designing a space settlement, including engineering, design, medical, environmental biology, automation and AI, or finance. Two days of designing your own settlement where you will elect officers, run your company in response to the Foundation Societies Request For Proposal (RFP).
Work as a team to design a settlement in space and experience the challenges of working in a large industrial team.
- You will receive mentoring and talks from world-class academics and industry experts and valuable certificates and awards on completion of the challenge. !
How the design challenge works
Teams are given a list of requirements (RFP) for a space settlement set years in the future, and have to prepare a detailed design, which they present to a panel of judges on the final day of the Space Design Challenge. The judges include academics, aerospace engineers and representatives from the UK Space Agencies.